Adding a steam shower completely redefines your bathroom. It is a great choice to experience an in-house spa retreat which offers several benefits to the body. Before you decide which steam shower to get, here are the things which need to be listed –
1. The steam generator should run quietly and produce steam evenly on a regular basis.
2. Before incorporating a steam shower, make sure you have sufficient space. The space requirements are not to be overlooked when considering a steam enclosure. This is majorly true with modular units that you are planning on installing in an existing bathroom or some other location. Make sure you fully understand and evaluate the footprint size so that you are not overcrowding the existing space you have.
3. Make sure you get the right size steam generator. They are available in various capacities so choose the one which suits your requirements. The other important point is whether your bathroom has access to the right voltage feed. You need to check with a certified electrician if you have questions.
4. A steam enclosure provides with a number of beneficial health effects from deep skin cleansing and respiratory benefits to deep relaxation. But this does not mean it is the best option for everyone. If you have prevailing heart conditions, high blood pressure or are pregnant, you should avoid steam showers. Your physician will be able to advise you on whether you are a fit for a steam room or not.
5. The door of the shower must be sealed tight.
6. There cannot be any exposed plaster or drywall in the area or the steam which makes it soggy.
7. Make sure there are no holes in the grout around the shower. If there are, fill in them up and seal them.